Jonathan Everett (head of department)
Leasehold Enfranchisement and Leasehold Disputes
Partner and Head of the Leasehold Enfranchisement and Leasehold Dispute department.
What I do and who my clients are
- Collective enfranchisement under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 (LRHUDA 1993);
- New lease claims under the LRHUDA 1993;
- Right to manage claims under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 (CLRA 2002);
- Ground rent, service charge and administration charge recovery;
- Breaches of covenant;
- Forfeiture of leases;
- Rights of first refusal, variation of leases and appointment of manager applications under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 (LTA 1987)
My achievements and other appointments
I studied Law at UWE and qualified as a solicitor in 1992.
Having initially gained experience as an insolvency litigation solicitor, I have been specialising in leasehold enfranchisement and leasehold disputes since 1996. My clients range from landlords with large property portfolios across England and Wales, to right to manage companies, tenant (leaseholder)-owned companies and individual tenants (leaseholders).
I have good relationships with local surveyors, both building and valuation, and many managing agents.
I have successfully represented clients in the County Court, Court of Appeal, First-tier Tribunal Property Chamber and Upper Tribunal Property Chamber.
Originally from Ellesmere Port in Cheshire, I moved to Sussex in 1990, and have remained here ever since. I live and work in Worthing, and enjoy spending time with family.
I am a supporter and committee member of Worthing Thunder basketball club, who currently play in Division One of the English Basketball League.