I am the Commercial Property Partner in the Horsham office, dealing with all aspects of real estate transactions.
What I do and who my clients are
My work includes:
- the negotiating of routine (and less routine) business leases;
- the disposal and acquisition of commercial property of all kinds;
- options, overage and pre-emption agreements;
- the acquisition and disposal of businesses
- advice to large corporate property investment organisations and pension funds in relation to property portfolios and transactions valued at many millions;
- advice to charity clients with regard to property transactions and other areas of charity law.
My achievements and other appointments
I graduated from St Peter’s College, Oxford in 1975 with an Honours Degree in Law and qualified as a solicitor in 1977 after completing my period of training with Withers in Central London. Following a further period spent at Withers, my subsequent professional experience in the City included several years in the Property Department at Wilde Sapte.
I came to Sussex to join (Coole & Haddock), now Coole Bevis LLP as a Partner in their Horsham office in 1993.
Away from my desk I enjoy music, drama and skiing. As a cellist, I perform with a number of London orchestras and chamber groups. I also enjoy the challenge of some serious acting when my busy schedule allows.