Who am I?
Partner dealing with Employment and Dispute Resolution work.
What I do and who my clients are
- Non-contentious Employment advice including the drafting of contracts, policies and handbooks; assisting with the restructuring and reorganization of businesses; working with our corporate team in respect of the employment matters e.g. TUPE which are linked to the corporate transaction
- Contentious Employment issues including dealing with claims arising from disciplinary action, grievances, capability, performance, discrimination, redundancy and procedure; negotiating settlements
- Commercial and contractual disputes
- Property disputes both commercial and residential including possession claims, termination of leases, forfeiture, lease renewals, dilapidations, breaches of covenants
- Clients include blue chip companies in the automotive industry, technology industry and the emergency monitoring sector; local SMEs and owner managed businesses; property management and investment businesses.
My achievements and other appointments
Having qualified as a Solicitor in 1993 and worked in Sussex throughout my career, I am firmly established in the area and even ran my own practice for a few years.
I like to think that my advice to clients is pragmatic, sensible and commercially effective.
Hobbies and other interests
I am married with children. My eldest son has just purchased his first property, my daughter has recently got engaged and my youngest son is studying for A-levels. My interests are mainly sporting and I am a member of the Royal Eastbourne Golf Club. I also play table tennis competitively. My eldest son is a very good golfer [his handicap is 1], whilst my youngest son has represented Sussex in tennis.