Leasehold Enfranchisement & Leasehold Disputes
The law relating to residential leasehold property is complex and constantly changing. Whether you are seeking to extend the lease of your flat, take control of the management of your own building or consider that the service charges you are being asked to pay are unreasonable, our specialist team of solicitors will be able to advise and assist you with their extensive experience and a thorough understanding of the law and procedures involved in leasehold enfranchisement and leasehold disputes . We act for both landlords (freeholders) and tenants (leaseholders), which enables us to offer rounded as well as expert and practical advice.
We are able to assist tenants (leaseholders) and groups of tenants. The majority of our clients come to us via recommendation from surveyors, managing agents, other solicitors and barristers.
- Claims for individual lease extensions under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
- Collective enfranchisement (i.e. purchase of freehold) claims under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
- Right to manage claims under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002
- Rights of first refusal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- We also represent individual tenants (leaseholders) in all types of dispute relating to residential leasehold property, including the liability to pay service charges and administration charges, breaches of covenant and forfeiture of leases, statutory consultation requirements (often called section 20 consultation) in relation to qualifying works or long term agreements, applications to vary lease terms or appoint a manager under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
We are able to represent clients in proceedings in the County Court, First-tier Tribunal Property Tribunal, Court of Appeal and Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber).
If you need any further information, contact us to find out how we can assist you.
I could not recommend Coole Bevis more highly. The combined expertise, professionalism and patience of both Rebecca (Turnbull-Simpson) and Aman (Johal) proved invaluable. Thanks to all at Coole Bevis!!
Dominic - Plug-in Media
Thank you (Rebecca Turnbull-Simpson) for your help and advice over the past 12 months or so, it has always been very clear and reassuring to work with you
Dr Howard Carter
(Rebecca Turnbull-Simpson) Heart-felt thanks for all your hard work in getting such an amazing result – a 170 year lease – in an unusually challenging & complex situation. You were highly recommended to me by various housing professionals in town – and now I know why.
From the minute I put this matter in your hands I felt my burden of worry & stress fall away. I had total confidence in you throughout the process. I really appreciated the time you took to explain, think things through with me. You were always prompt, patient, easy to speak to & extremely pleasant to deal with. I would thoroughly recommend you to anyone – and would not hesitate to deal with you again.