We are able to deal with all aspects of employment law. This includes both contentious and non-contentious matters.
We act for employees, workers and groups of workers, including:
- senior employees with complex contracts, remuneration structures and reward packages
- workers on minimum, or below minimum wages, with basic contracts or no written contractual provisions, and
- everything in between
Our approach aims:
- To find practical solutions and resolve issues quickly, where possible avoiding costly disputes.
- To help you manage complex and difficult situations, including where necessary bringing, conducting or defending legal proceedings in employment tribunals
- To explain in clear language the legal issues relating to your matter and the options available to you.
Some examples of where we can assist:
- Helping you negotiate contractual terms prior to the commencement of your employment or upon a change of circumstances such as a promotion or ‘sideways’ move and advising you generally in connection with the same.
- Advising you in connection with disciplinary or other proceedings or procedures you may be facing (including redundancy) or in connection any grievance you may wish to raise or you have raised.
- Advising you in connection with other statutory or contractual rights you may have or in connection with specific employment tribunal or other proceedings including, for example, in respect of claims of unfair dismissal and discrimination.
- Assisting you with other ‘end of employment issues’, including Compromise Agreements (soon to be renamed ‘Settlement Agreements’).
- Advising you in respect of the enforceability of post termination restrictive covenants and assisting you, defend proceedings brought against you by an employer seeking to enforce its post termination restrictive covenants.