We are able to deal with all aspects of employment law. This includes both contentious and non-contentious matters.
We act for Employers of all sizes:
- large, medium and small companies and other enterprises
- partnerships and limited liability partnerships
- sole traders
- charities and other not-for-profit organisations
- unincorporated associations (e.g. clubs etc).
Our approach aims:
- To find practical solutions and resolve issues quickly, where possible avoiding costly disputes.
- To help you manage complex and difficult situations, including where necessary bringing, conducting or defending legal proceedings in employment tribunals
- To explain in clear language the legal issues relating to your matter and the options available to you.
Examples of where we can help Employers
- Drafting contracts, handbooks and policies, in particular disciplinary rules and grievance procedures, procedures relating to the use of electronic communications, the internet and electronic and other equipment; data protection; advising in connection with pay, minimum wage, recruitment and screening, benefit and bonus schemes.
- Advising you how to conduct investigations, disciplinary meetings and grievance hearings; meetings relating to performance management, conduct, sickness absences, potential redundancies in all cases having due regard to relevant statutory provisions and case law decisions and best practice requirements, including any relevant ACAS Code.
- Advising on restructuring exercises, including in relation to TUPE (in conjunction with Coole Bevis LLP’s other relevant departments) so that we can be your ‘one stop shop’.
- Advising you on changing terms and conditions of employment and issuing new contracts, particularly in cases of promotion; holiday entitlements, flexible working, atypical working, maternity, paternity and family rights and discrimination issues.
- Where appropriate advising you on drafting effective restrictive covenants either in new contracts or replacement contracts, again particularly on promotion.
- Advising you and, where appropriate, assisting you, in conjunction with the Coole Bevis LLP Dispute Resolution Department, in respect of enforcing post-termination restrictive covenants.
For more information please contact: Nigel Targett